Thursday 14 July 2011

Thanks and Maintainance Question

Hi everyone,

firstly with our 2011 season finished in the field for the Pompeii Food and Drink Project, on behalf of Dr. Betty Jo Mayeske and the rest of the team for season 2011 I want to extend our thanks to the following people and groups for allowing the team to visit your sites and catch up with what you are doing in the field.
A very sincere thank you to Greta Stefani (Boscoreale Antiquarium),Girolamo Ferdinando De Simone (Appoline and Soma Vesuvius Projects), Sarah Court and Sophie Canteneur(HCP)and Steve Ellis (Porta Stabia Project).

As I am working on a thesis paper on current conseravation and site management of Pompeii I guess I was open to being more aware this season of conservation work within the scavi. I seemed to notice a much more visible presence in the field this year of conservators at work. Certainly more than I feel I have in the past. Does anyone working in the field this season have a similar opinion or was I just more aware this year? I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

Rob Brown

2 comments:

Alia Wallace said...

Hey Rob, yours and my own research sound quite similar! We should probably talk(plus I have tons of opinions on the conservation right now). Do you have an e-mail address I could send you a message at?

Cheers,
Alia

Rob Brown said...

Hi Alia.
Would love to talk.
My email address is
fsf126@tpg.com.au

I am also on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=649437939

Look forward to speaking with you.

Rob

Related Posts with Thumbnails